Director of AdvancementCompany: Father Lopez Catholic High School
Date Posted: December 27, 2016
The Diocese of Orlando four core values lay the foundation for the work performed by its employees.
1. Authenticity: Conviction that God has called us to reflect exteriorly our inner life of faith in our daily living.
2. Respect: Affirming each person’s God-given dignity and uniqueness.
3. Courage: Inspired by this gift of the Holy Spirit, we proclaim and live the Word of God fearlessly and devotedly.
4. Commitment: Individually and collectively, we are steadfast to the team and its purpose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the philosophy of Catholic education and advocate, encourage, counsel and witness in keeping with the beliefs and practices of the Catholic faith and teachings.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with major donors and sponsors
- Act as spokesperson with current and prospective donors. Work to maintain and increase the level of funding received from donors
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the Catholic community
- Develop and maintain relationships with foundations, corporations, and other partners
- Design, implement and manage activities including annual giving, endowment, and capital campaigns
- Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations
- Develop and grow a comprehensive planned giving program
- Facilitate matching gifts
- Review all fundraising activities that would have a significant impact on the FLHS major fundraising campaigns and present findings to the Principal
- Oversee Alumni Database / Donor Perfect software and updating of donor records and process donor receipts
- Develop appropriate relationships with all constituents
- Maintain a high level and professional community profile with parents, students, businesses, alumni, parishes, schools, faculty, and staff
- Ability to successfully make public presentations individually or as a team member
- Participate in in-service/professional development as determined by supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to achieve results while respecting others; strong propensity towards collaboration and teamwork; and is flexible and adaptable.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Willing to accept and work within FLCHS philosophy and follow associated policies and procedures.
- Manifest professional and personal ethics.
- Ability to successfully make public presentations individually or as a team member.
- Capable of articulating FLCHS programs to the community.
- Ability to set and maintain appropriate boundaries with donors, FLCHS staff and faculty.
- Represent FLCHS when speaking with funders and the general public.
- Possess sensitivity to cultural differences present in the service population, staff and volunteers and have the ability to forge mutually respectful supportive working relationships.