Special Events Manager at Halifax Humane Society, Inc. - Daytona Beach, Florida
Use your creativity, passion and event planning knowledge to help promote an award-winning animal shelter located in Daytona Beach, Florida. The city known for "The World's Most Famous Beach". We are seeking an outgoing and energetic candidate with proven event planning experience and superior organizational skills. The ideal candidate is well versed in special event fundraising tactics/methods and can strategically plan and implement special events, special promotions and social functions to further advance the mission of Halifax Humane Society.
The Special Events Manager is responsible for creating plans and events that strengthen the relationship between donors (private and or corporate) and the society, executing them and achieving measurable results. Candidate must have documented experience/training in customer service, project management and time management. Candidate must be comfortable with personally soliciting new and or current event sponsors in efforts to secure in-kind donations and auction items through phone calls and face-to-face meetings. Position is responsible for managing events and ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to in addition to reaching event fundraising goals.
- Bachelor's degree and or minimum of 3 years marketing, communications and event planning experience required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Strong computer skills and database management
- Proficiency in Publisher and MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of Blackbaud e-Tapestry and Sphere is a major plus
- Experience with social media platforms
- Experience with CRM platforms
- Experience working in a non-profit is a plus
- Able to work successfully in both individual and team situations
- Must be self-motivated and a superstar multitasker
- Able to present and secure new/renewed sponsorship and event contracts
- Great organization and attention to detail
- Cheerful, positive attitude is a must
- This position requires honesty, reliability and confidentiality
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver's license
- Employment is contingent based on successful passing of drug screening
Compensation & Work Schedule:
Halifax Humane Society offers a starting salary range at $35,525, in addition to a robust benefits package which includes retirement, health, dental/vision plans and animal adoption/products discounts. Professional development is also offered for continued employee growth. This is a full time position that reports to the Chief Financial Development Officer (CFDO) at our main shelter located at 2364 LPGA BLVD, Daytona Beach, FL 32124. Position may include evenings and or weekends dependent on event-related functions.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to apply:
Please submit required cover letter & resume to be considered. In addition you may submit your information via e-mail to Michael Ugarte, Chief Financial Development Officer at (Michaelu@halifaxhumanesociety.org) with subject: Special Events Manager Application. Please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
About Halifax Humane Society:
The Halifax Humane Society is a 501 (c) (3) private non-profit organization servicing the Greater Daytona Beach area in Volusia County, Florida. Halifax Humane Society was founded in 1937. We are an open-door animal shelter that services over 25,000 animals annually. Kennel and cage capacity can comfortably house approximately 350 animals per day and is usually full. Equipped with a spay/neuter clinic, we perform early-age spay/neuter surgeries to ensure that all adopted animals are altered before entering a new home. Subsidized spay/neuter surgeries are also available at Halifax Humane Society's Redinger Spay/Neuter Clinic, located at 600 Mason Avenue in Daytona Beach.
Learn more about Halifax Humane Society - www.HalifaxHumaneSociety.org
See what the future of Halifax Humane Society looks like! - www.HHSFuture.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,525.00 /year