Major Gifts OfficerCompany: American Diabetes Association Florida/Georgia Region
Date Posted: September 26, 2016
MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
Based in Florida
Telecommuting will be accommodated for this position.
Management Recruiters - Mid Hudson Valley is an executive search firm focused solely in serving the nonprofit sector. We have a national practice and the large majority of our placements are executive leadership and senior fundraising professionals.
Our client is the American Diabetes Association (ADA – www.diabetes.org). ADA’s mission is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by this disease. They lead the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fund research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes and deliver services to hundreds of communities. ADA provides objective and credible information and give voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes. The moving force behind the work of the Association is a network of more than one million volunteers, a membership of more than 441,000 people with diabetes, their families and caregivers, a professional society of nearly 16,500 health care professionals, as well as more than 800 staff members.
ADA has retained us to recruit and place an experienced, skilled Major Gifts professional with them.
Reporting to the Vice President, Development, the Major Gifts Officer maintains and increases funding from high net‐worth individuals through effective identification, cultivation and solicitation. The focus of this position is to identify and deepen relationships with current and potential major gift donors within a specific market location. This individual will manage a portfolio of approximately 150 Major Gifts prospects and donors located in Florida and Georgia.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, stewards and retains qualified prospects and donors.
- Establishes a strategic and systematic focus on closing commitments from high net‐worth individuals to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Strategically engages board members, organization executives and current donors in peer‐prospect identification, visits, and closings.
- Routinely networks with corporate executives, and interacts with high‐net worth individuals for the purpose of cultivating personal relationships and developing personal giving.
- Successfully aligns partner interests with American Diabetes Association strategy and demonstrates a strong value proposition; convincingly articulates the unique selling proposition.
- Collaborates on fundraising events that could be used as tools to cultivate major donors and donor prospects.
- Guides the development of compelling proposals and oversees the development of creative presentations and reports; ensures that major gifts donors are recognized.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of paid nonprofit experience, with a strong track record in individual donor development and major gift solicitation.
- Experience managing a portfolio of high net worth individual donors.
- Demonstrated excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills, together with experience delivering dynamic group presentations.
- Demonstrated strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- High‐level computer literacy skills.
- Experience with donor databases desired.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working independently and team membership.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, both local and overnight.
- Ability to work some weekday evenings and weekends as required.
This is a full-time salaried position based out of ADA’s Florida regional office. ADA offers a very competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter (Word documents, please) to:
Owner / Manager
Management Recruiters – Mid Hudson Valley
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 845-227-3161