Donor Relations SpecialistCompany: FL Lions Conklin Center for the Blind
Date Posted: May 3, 2016
The Donor Relations Specialist is a creative, innovative, and organized team player with excellent communications skills. The Donor Relations Specialist plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development Office and participating in all fundraising activities, including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals and special events.
Overview of Job
- Assist with preparation of special events and community functions/outreach
- Accurately maintain donor database, including data entry, reports, follow-up and acknowledgement
- Maintain donor communications, including newsletters, email campaigns, etc.
- Maintain social media presence, agency website and other related online relations
- Ability to contribute new ideas and provide necessary research
- Prepare media materials for distribution
- Handle all administrative details associated with Development campaigns and strategic planning
- Assist with creation of bulk mailings
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree required (Bachelor’s degree preferred) in communications, marketing or related field
- Two years’ experience
- Proficient Microsoft Office experience
- Strong social media skills
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to work flexibly with many different leadership and working styles
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Highly organized and able to keep multiple projects organized at the same time
- Energetic, creative, organized and results-oriented with a strong ability to motivate others.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet the demands of the job
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends